There's more power lurking under your hood than you might imagine. The key to unlocking all those baying ponies is simple: exhaust headers and manifolds. Unlike the heavy, clunky, inefficient exhaust manifold that came with your ride, exhaust headers are engineered for maximum flow efficiency. And, the faster the fumes spill out of your engine, the faster your vehicle will go.
Bolting on a set of performance exhaust headers is one of the easiest and fastest ways to boost the horsepower and torque output of your vehicle. This holds true if your vehicle is also equipped with high-performance intake manifolds and exhaust systems.
The stock exhaust manifolds in your vehicle are not designed with performance in mind. In fact, the OEM exhaust manifolds will restrict horsepower and torque in exchange for better fuel economy. This also means that acceleration and throttle response will be a bit muted, resulting in middling performance. The factory exhaust manifolds are also heftier since they are crafted from heavy cast-iron steel to reduce manufacturing costs.
Performance headers will basically make it easier for the motor to push out the spent gases from the cylinders. Exhaust headers are equipped with larger bores to prevent harmful backpressure from affecting the performance of the motor. The typical design of high-performance exhaust headers will allow each cylinder to have an exhaust pipe of its own. The spent gases are then gathered together in a larger pipe or collector before being routed to the catalytic converters.
Exhaust headers are designed to maximize the exhaust flow while reducing turbulence. They can be manufactured from aluminized steel or top-grade stainless steel to provide a smoother flow while reducing the occurrence of rust and corrosion both inside and outside the piping. The lightweight aluminum construction will also offer significant weight savings to give your vehicle better acceleration and faster 0-to-60 MPH times.
Depending on the make and model of your vehicle, exhaust headers can come in a variety of shapes and designs. They also come in a wide array of finishes to suit the styling theme of your ride. No matter which you choose, bolting on a set of exhaust headers will yield noticeable performance gains while giving your vehicle a more aggressive exhaust sound.
Check out our impressive selection of high-performance exhaust headers at discounted prices. Sam’s Motorsports is committed in your search for ultimate performance by offering the highest quality products from the best brands in the aftermarket industry.
- 2007 - 2019 GMC Sierra PaceSetter Shorty Header - PaceSetter 70-1346
- 1992 - 2000 Honda Civic Spec-D Tuning Dynamik Header - Spec-D Tuning HH2-CV92EX-DK
- 1987 - 1993 Ford Mustang Spec-D Tuning Turbo Manifold - Spec-D Tuning TM-K-MST79V8
- 1980 - 2020 Toyota Corolla PaceSetter ARMOR*Coat Header - PaceSetter 72C1078
- PaceSetter Shorty Header - PaceSetter 70-1356
- 1993 - 2002 Pontiac Firebird PaceSetter Long Tube Header - PaceSetter 70-2235
- PaceSetter Long Tube Header - PaceSetter 70-2260
- Jet-Hot Polish Coating Long Tube Headers With Non-Catted X-Pipe - Jet-Hot JH-000005
- PaceSetter Shorty Header - PaceSetter 70-1355
- Jet-Hot Polish Coating Long Tube Headers With Non-Catted X-Pipe - Jet-Hot JH-000001