Shocks & Struts
The shocks or struts are the main components of the vehicle suspension. Shock absorbers are primarily designed to control the spring and suspension movement as you drive your car, truck, or SUV. Shock absorbers are designed to control the bounce rate, roll or sway, and the brake dive or acceleration squat of a particular vehicle. Struts are a modern type of damping system that is utilized in modern vehicles. Struts are basically lighter and takes up less space compared to conventional shock and spring combinations. You can easily maintain the ride and handling characteristics of your vehicle with the best quality shocks and struts only here at Sam’s Motorsports.
There are a lot of misconceptions about shocks and struts. Shocks are basically standalone units and are installed with a separate set of coil springs. Manufacturers will typically tune the ride, handling, and bounce rate of the vehicle depending on the resistance of the shock absorbers.
The resistance of the shock absorber will all depend on the size and number of orifices in the piston. Keep in mind that shock absorbers are similar to oil pumps. As the suspension travels up or down, hydraulic fluid inside the pressure tube will force the fluid inside the orifices in the piston. As only a small amount of fluid is permitted to enter the orifice, this will inevitably slow down the movement of the springs and the suspension.
Struts are commonly found on the suspension system of modern vehicles. The struts are the main structural part of the suspension system. The basic strut design will negate the use of separate upper control arms and upper ball joints. The result is a suspension package that is lighter and more compact. The basic components of a strut suspension system includes the coil spring, the strut housing, and the damping unit. The bottom portion of the strut system is connected to the steering knuckle via the lower control arm and the lower ball joints.
The shocks or struts in your vehicle are not designed to last forever. Depending on the severity of the usage, the shocks and struts will need to be replaced as your vehicle ages. The most common symptoms of bad or faulty shocks and struts are poor handling, suspension bottoming out when you drive over humps or bumps, and a wallowing feeling when you drive on the highway. The shock absorbers will also take a lot of punishment as you drive over potholes at speed.
Whether you need high-quality shock absorbers for street and off-road applications, or if you happen to be looking for performance-oriented strut suspension systems, you can find them all here at Sam’s Motorsports. We offer shocks and struts at discounted prices so you can endow your vehicle with better ride and handling characteristics without breaking the bank.
- 2014 - 2018 BMW 4 Series Bilstein B6 Performance DampTronic Shock Absorber - Bilstein 20-250744
- 2000 - 2006 Chevrolet Suburban Bilstein B6 4600 Shock Absorber Conversion Kit - Bilstein 46-274922
- 2003 - 2005 Nissan 350Z Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Shock Absorber - Bilstein 24-101585
- Bilstein B6 Performance Shock Absorber - Bilstein 24-009294
- Bilstein B6 Performance Shock Absorber - Bilstein 24-120395
- Bilstein B6 Shock Absorber - Bilstein 24-252898
- Bilstein B6 Performance Shock Absorber - Bilstein 24-002967
- Spyder Rear Spring Assembly With Mounts - Spyder SA-171372
- Pedders Suspension Rear Driver Side GSR SportsRyder Shock Absorber - Pedders Suspension 9981L
- Bilstein B4 OE Replacement Air Suspension Shock - Bilstein 27-271001