Cold Air Intakes
The more efficiently you can get dense, cool air into your engine, the more powerful and capable it will perform. A cold air intake system (CAI) is the easiest way to see an increase in horsepower and torque while improving gas mileage. Help your engine breathe better with one of our cold air intakes and see the immediate under-the-hood results you can produce. Many of our cold air intake systems are even available in complete kits that include all the necessary hardware and detailed instructions for installation. With just a few simple hand tools, you can be hitting the streets in about 90 minutes.
If you’re a serious car enthusiast, you should consider installing a cold air intake to replace the existing airbox and air filter in your vehicle. Cold air intakes are a type of RAM air intake that sucks cooler and denser air to improve engine performance. Cold air intakes are great for any type of street, off-road, or racing application since they offer a lot of benefits.
Cooler air is ideal since it allows the motor to facilitate proper combustion while requiring less heat and fuel. This is the reason why some cold air intakes will require a computer or ECU retune so the engine can cope up with the massive airflow. Cold air intakes are usually equipped with longer and wider ducts with minimal bending to improve the airflow. They are also designed to reside in the part of the engine compartment that will most likely contain the coolest amounts of air.
Cold air intakes will give your vehicle a noticeable increase in horsepower and torque. You will also feel a marginal improvement in acceleration and throttle response due to the increase in airflow. High-quality cold air intakes from top-notch brands can deliver about 5 to 20 more horsepower with a simple bolt-on installation. Others might give more horsepower when paired with an ECU tune.
Cold air intakes are also designed to maximize fuel economy. Since the motor needs a healthy diet of fuel and air, pumping more air inside the combustion chamber will reduce the amount of fuel needed to achieve proper combustion. If your car is running a bone stock motor but you want better fuel economy, consider upgrading to a cold air intake. This will also give your car a more exhilarating and intoxicating intake sound as you pull away from a complete stop.
One of the best reasons to upgrade to a cold air intake is the superior filtration. Aftermarket cold air intakes are equipped with washable and reusable air filters that are made from either oiled cotton or synthetic filtering media. Compared to the paper media of the stock air filter, cotton or synthetic media are more capable of trapping the smallest elements of dust and dirt without affecting the airflow. This also means you save more money in the long run since there is no need to replace the air filter every 5,000 or 10,000 miles. All you have to do is to remove the air filter, clean it with water, and re-oil to quickly restore performance.
Sam’s Motorsports is the perfect place to shop for cold air intakes. We carry a comprehensive lineup of cold air intakes from all the best brands such as K&N, Volant, Injen, AEM, Spec-D, and Spyder. We offer cold air intakes for both domestic and import vehicles at discounted prices.
- 1997 - 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Weapon-R Secret Weapon Air Intake Systems - Weapon-R 307-158-101
- 2000 - 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Weapon-R Dragon Air Intake System - Weapon-R 807-158-101C
- 2014 - 2016 GMC Sierra Airaid Jr. Air Intake Kit - Airaid 200-785
- 2003 - 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Weapon-R Dragon Air Intake System - Weapon-R 807-111-101C
- 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord K&N 69 Series Typhoon Air Intake Kit - K&N 69-1212TS
- 2012 - 2017 Ford Focus K&N 69 Series Typhoon Air Intake Kit - K&N 69-3517TS
- 2013 - 2016 Nissan Pathfinder K&N 69 Series Typhoon Air Intake Kit - K&N 69-7063TTK
- 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord K&N 69 Series Typhoon Air Intake Kit - K&N 69-1213TS
- 2014 - 2017 Toyota Tundra K&N 63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit - K&N 63-9035
- 2003 - 2005 Toyota 4Runner Weapon-R Dragon Air Intake System - Weapon-R 805-127-101