KSport Hydraulic Handbrakes
- Original Price:
$205.00 - $375.00
- Our Price: $142.50 - $270.00
- Shipping: Free Shipping
- Availability: Usually ships in 1 week
- In-vehicle assembly allows manual application of rear brakes using your vehicle’s own brake system hydraulics
- Features 1 larger cylinder for greater power – recommended for use with any KSport brake kit upgrades
- Reduced force needed to lock rear brakes makes drifting and rally driving more effortless
- Handle movement compresses fluid, moves a slave cylinder, then applies pressure to the plate which activates the e-brake
- Will not corrode, seize, snap, or fail to release the way e-brake cables will
Unlike cable e-brake systems, consistent braking pressure is maintained as temperatures increase
- Avoid headaches of vehicle rolling on a hill due to a stretched, inefficient e-brake cable
- KSport recommends keeping your OEM e-brake cable in working order to ensure vehicle remains street legal
- Universal Hydraulic Handbrake Installation Kit contains 24” fluid lines necessary for installation (sold separately)
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
KSport offers compact, in-vehicle assemblies which allow manual, hydraulic application of your rear brakes by using your own vehicle’s brake system. The control handle can be positioned vertically or horizontally, and greatly reduces the manual effort needed to lock up rear brakes for better drifting and rally driving. Reduced force needed to lock rear brakes makes drifting and rally driving easier and consistent braking pressure is maintained as temperatures increase. Eliminates the corrosion, lock-up, and snapping that plagues e-brake cables. KSport recommends keeping your OEM e-brake cable in working order to ensure vehicle remains street legal. Hydraulic Handbrake Installation Kit (sold individually) provides two 24” braided steel brake lines to integrate your handbrake to the vehicle.
When you use your vehicle for drifting or rally driving, you know having an emergency brake that’s easy to apply and works tightly under pressure makes all the difference between having a great deal of laughs and being laughed at a great deal. The engineers at KSport know this, and offer Universal Hydraulic Handbrakes to make manual application of your rear brakes easier by using hydraulics and your own vehicle’s brake system. After a quick pull of the control lever, they get more torque to the rear calipers than is possible with a hard e-brake pull. Additionally, you won’t suffer the reduced performance or failure that e-brake cables are known for. Hydraulic Handbrake units are available in configurations to handle stock OEM brakes, more powerful brake upgrades (such as KSport kits), and even rear calipers equipped with 2 separate lines each.
If you’ve ever encountered brake fade due to rubber brake fluid lines that swell excessively under intense heat when brake fluid begins to boil, you understand how the resulting loss of brake pressure hampers the ability to race, rally, or drift. More importantly, it compromises your safety and puts your vehicle at risk of severe damage. The engineers at KSport also understand how important it is to prevent brake fade no matter what kind of performance driving you have in mind, and they’ve developed stainless steel braided brake lines that effectively do just that with their Universal Hydraulic Handbrake Installation Kit. Within the lines, an inner hose allows easy flow of fluid with minimal friction to lower brake drag, and steel meshwork provides a sturdy wrap that does not swell, compress, kink, or deform. Stainless steel construction provides the freedom from corrosion that ensures the high level of protection these lines offer does not become compromised over time. Additionally, the lines are heavily sealed to prevent moisture entering the brake fluid and creating spongy, imprecise brake action. The Installation Kit is necessary to install any of KSport’s hydraulic handbrakes, and it can be purchased in the Product Option field with other items of your choice.